Months ago, I embarked on a journey to find an easy roasted eggplant salad — one that wouldn’t require too much of my time, but that would nevertheless taste incredible. I was looking for a dressing that would be both sweet and savory, something that would dress up the eggplant so perfectly well while enhancing its smoky, roasted flavor.
This salad turned out to be everything I ever wanted in the perfect roasted eggplant salad. The eggplants are first chopped into cubes and covered in a sweet spiced dressing made out of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper — a combination of sweet and salty ingredients that gives the eggplant a flavor like no other. But the mouthwatering flavors don’t end there, as the cubes are then converted into a salad with toasted sliced almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh parsley and chopped green onion.
This eggplant and almond salad has been on my to-share-list for weeks already, but I’ve never managed to take a photo of it since we always gobbled it down so quickly! You’ll understand why once you give it a try.
For more salad recipes, click here
- 2 large eggplants, chopped into cubes
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, white and green part chopped
- Preheat oven to 390°F/200°C and line a baking sheet with foil paper.
- Put all the eggplant cubes in large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine all the ingredients and pour over the eggplants, mixing to coat all the eggplant cubes. Lay them out on the baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, turning them around from time to time during the cooking process. They should be cooked through and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Add the roasted eggplant cubes to a mixing bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients. Combine and serve at room temperature, adjusting the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
Add the almonds just before serving, if not they become soggy.