rainbow roasted vegetables
I am writing to you today from my garden, with the sun finally shining and the birds chirping away! Spring has finally arrived and I hope it is here to stay. It has been so gloomy, rainy and cold that I truly thought that we’d be skipping Spring all together this year. It has happened in the past here in Switzerland, and trust me wearing boots and sweaters until mid-June is no fun at all! I much rather be running around in sandals and a sundress all year round.
Warmer weather calls for lighter meals consisting of tons of veggies. There’s nothing truly better than a platter full of roasted vegetables to throw into salads or eat as a side dish along with a summer BBQ. I like to call this recipe “rainbow roasted vegetables” due to all the incredible colors in it.
This time I roasted carrot, zucchini, eggplant, fennel, bell pepper and onion, but feel free to mix up the vegetables with anything you have in your fridge! I’ve tested this recipe with cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms and many more veggies and have always been just as happy with the result. I hope you will be just as happy too!
For more vegetable recipes, click here
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 fennel, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin and toss to combine.
- Lay all the vegetables in a baking tray and roast for 35 to 45 minutes until cooked through, turning them from time to time during the cooking process so that they all get evenly roasted.
- Serve warm.