1 month — this is the longest I’ve gone without cooking any desserts at home. Don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t mean that I haven’t indulged in anything sweet for a month…you know how bad I crave sugar by now! We’ve just been on a strict diet since the beginning of January, which is why you’ve been seeing so many vegetarian and healthy dishes on the blog, such as soups and salads. But with my birthday coming up tomorrow, I’ve been busy preparing lots of great desserts for a cocktail party I’m hosting tomorrow night. These oreo white chocolate truffles are on the menu, coupled with many other delicious bites that I’m so excited to share with you during the weeks to come.
The word truffles immediately brings up thick, sugary and chocolatey bites that are so gorgeous to look at but so time-consuming to make. Some exceptions exist to the rule, like these oreo white chocolate truffles that are anything but difficult to prepare. Those who have been following savormania for a while know that I’m always trying to render complicated recipes uncomplicated. One of my readers once came up to me and said that she loves my mujaddara recipe because it calls for only 6 ingredients while all traditional Lebanese recipes generally require much more. Such has always been my kitchen philosophy: cook mouthwatering food in a limited amount of time without killing yourself while doing so.
The same thought goes for these oreo white chocolate truffles. They look like they took hours to make, but the truth is this recipe requires only 15 to 20 minutes of active time, plus they only require three ingredients. JUST THREE!!!! There’s nothing that I love more than such an easy recipe…
On the outside, these truffles appear to be made out of white chocolate topped with crumbled chocolate cookies. But once you bite into them a rich chocolaty interior reveals itself. They’re quite small in size, which, on the downside, invites you to eat so many of them until your tummy aches, but on the upside they’re so darn good and entirely worth their calories!
Like this recipe? Pin it by hovering your mouse over the photo and clicking on the “Pint It” button. You can also follow me on Pinterest for many other food photos
- 0.6 pounds (310g) Oreo cookies*
- 5.2 ounces (150g) Philadelphia Cream Cheese**
- 7 ounces white chocolate
- Crumble the Oreo cookies in your food processor, about 1 minute, until finely crushed. Set aside 3 tablespoons of crumbled Oreo cookies in a small bowl. Add the cream cheese to the food processor and blend it until well combined with the crumbled Oreo cookies. The mixture should be quite thick.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Roll the Oreo mixture into 24 1-inch balls and place them on the parchment paper. Freeze the tray for 15 minutes so the Oreo truffles harden a bit.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, stopping the cooking process halfway to mix the white chocolate with a fork. Remove the Oreo truffles from the freezer. Drop an Oreo truffle in the white chocolate mixture and coat it entirely. Place it on the parchment paper and quickly top it with a sprinkle of the reserved Oreo crumbles. It is imperative to top the truffles with Oreo crumbles as soon as they are coated in white chocolate because if not they will harden and the crumbles won't stick. Repeat with all the Oreo truffles.
- Freeze the Oreo truffles for at least 1 hour until firm.
**Use the original Philadelphia cream cheese and not a low-fat or low-calorie version
How did your oreo white chocolate truffles come out? Share photos of your recipe on Instagram by tagging #savormania