savory zucchini feta pancakes
Our toddler absolutely loves pancakes (honestly, who doesn’t!?). I always make sweet healthy pancakes for breakfast on Sunday mornings, but yesterday I wanted to make a savory version for Gabriel’s lunch full of veggies. I decided to grate zucchini — one of his favorite vegetables — and add some feta cheese for a bit of dairy protein, combining them both with green onion, parsley, eggs and whole wheat flour. The zucchinis made the pancakes extremely tender and juicy while the feta and green onion brought so much flavor. Gabriel devored them and left me only one to try…lucky me! They’re great for kids and parents alike. I couldn’t wait one more day to share the recipe with you!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour (all purpose or whole wheat)
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate the zucchini and let it drain in a colander for 30 minutes. Squeeze out all the excess liquid (remove as much liquid as you can) and put the zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Add the green onions, parsley, flour, feta cheese, eggs, salt and pepper and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, letting the pancake cook on one side for about 2-3 minutes before flipping it and cooking it on the other side for 2-3 minutes. Pat the pancakes down while they cook to flatten them.