raspberry coconut muffins
I can’t stop eating these muffins. I’ve had…four…in no longer than 24 hours. And it’s not only because I have such a sweet tooth, but most of all because they’re just that good. Moist, buttery, oozing with raspberry juices and smelling like delicious coconut, they’re some of the best muffins I’ve ever made — just as good as these blueberry muffins and apple all-bran muffins. Needless to say that they didn’t last very long on the kitchen counter after baking them on Sunday.
Remember this raspberry blackberry coconut loaf cake? Jon has been asking me to bake it again. I wanted to try something new yet similar this weekend, so I sought inspiration in a raspberry muffin recipe on Jamie Oliver’s website, adding a coconut twist to it.
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe, but the trick is to carefully fold them into the muffin batter so that it doesn’t turn pink with berry juices. To make the perfect muffins, it is important to mix the ingredients slowly with a spatula just until combined, rather than beat them with hand mixer. Enjoy!
For more breakfast recipes, click here
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150g granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract (or vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 60g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
- 120g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, coconut extract and shredded coconut.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, egg and milk. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula until well combined.
- Carefully fold in the raspberries using the spatula. Don't mix the batter too much if not it will turn pink!
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into each paper cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through. Let the muffins cool in the baking tin before removing.