First post of 2017…and my first post as a Mommy! I couldn’t be more excited to share the news with you and start this new year as a family of 3. Something tells me that it’s going to be an amazing year — yes, one full of sleepless nights, but surely the most exciting one yet. I gave birth to our beautiful Gabriel on December 18 at 12:54pm after 10 hours of labor on a cold Sunday morning. He decided to arrive fashionably late (3 days after my due date), but just in time to light his first Hanukkah candles with us. I’ll never forget the moment they put him on me and when he first gazed into my eyes. Gabriel filled up a space in our hearts that we didn’t even know existed. It was love at first sight and I’ve never felt more complete in my life. I can’t believe he’s already 3 weeks old and time is truly passing by too quickly…
One week ago we experienced the greatest gift on Earth; giving birth to our beautiful baby boy. Born on December 18 at 12:54pm 💙 Welcome to the world our precious Gabriel! #mommy #mommyandme #mommylife #baby #babyboy #loveofmylife #love #happiness #foodblog #foodie #mommyblogger #lovethiskid #momsofinstagram #mom #babylove #momlife
Life truly changes overnight once you come home with a newborn. Between breastfeeding on demand, taking care of a baby, managing all household chores and trying to sneak in a nap whenever possible, there’s not much time left for myself let alone write a post. But with the baby sleeping and our soup for lunch cooking, I have a couple of minutes to myself to sit down, share the great news with you as well as post this really easy and healthy snack recipe.
I’m so happy that I made these cashew peanut butter energy balls right before I went into labor. They’ve been lifesavers and great snacks to get me through the day. The best thing about them is their versatility. You can use pretty much any nut butter and nut and the result will be just as delicious, although my favorite combination so far has been cashews with peanut butter. They also freeze incredibly well, making them the perfect treat to always have on hand whenever you need more energy.
For more healthy recipes, click here
- 200g pitted dates
- 1¼ cups oats
- 1¼ cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, soak the pitted dates in warm water for about 15 minutes to soften them. Drain the water and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a food processor, blend the oats and cashew nuts until they ressemble flour. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the dates to the food processor and blend until a thick paste forms, about 1 minute. Add back the oats and cashew nuts, as well as the coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Roll the mixture immediately into balls.
- Refrigerate the balls so that they harden a bit. Enjoy cold or at room temperature.
These energy balls can be frozen and enjoyed whenever you want!
To make them gluten-free, use gluten-free oats